Thank you for all the feedback!
We know there is still a lot of functionalities and improvements that you would like to see. Don’t worry. We’re working on it! Below you’ll find a summary of the most critical changes in the new version.
One acquisition plan viewer to rule them all!
Let’s be honest. The interface wasn’t always the most intuitive one, so we decided to change things slightly to make your work with Spectator as swift as possible. However, face lifting wasn’t the only thing we did in the first quarter of 2020, so here is the list of the most important upgrades:
- acquisition plan viewer – view acquisition plans for Landsat-8 and Sentinel 1 and 2 from a single interface!
- image recommendations – you can now quickly get the best images for your area based on the image/area overlap, cloud coverage and recency
- new API end-point serving acquisition plan in a GeoJSON format
- control over overpasses computation parameters from the graphical interface
- computation of overpasses is now 5x faster, which solves the problem of request timeouts some of you had previously
- simplification of the observations link structure(you may need to update them if you’re using them outside the app)
- create an observation from the search field – you can now type in coordinates or location name, choose one of the suggestion, and you’ll get all the information you’re looking for in a matter of seconds!
- and a lot of bug fixes and general improvements
Check for yourself, and please let us know what you think!